The Museum of Colour is building a digital platform that recognises and celebrates the contributions that people of colour have made to Britain’s creative Industries, specifically film, television and the arts. Our first exhibition and future ones feature photographic portraiture. Respect Due is our COVID-19 response exhibition and so we are taking a different approach and beginning a new strand of our work.
We would like to commission an artist, an illustrator or a designer who can create a contemporary graphic interpretation from an existing photograph to do a small number of such works for our Respect Due 2020. You will be working with elders of our creative community who have been nominated by contemporary creatives in different fields.
Who we are looking for
You will have a distinct style, a portfolio you can share, a proven ability to work to timelines, superb client handling skills, an ability to work as part of a team and an expressed understanding of what Museum of Colour is doing.
Your work will be the central element in the exhibition but not the sole one. We want to create beautiful new works to combine with other elements and create a vision for this exhibition with you.
Please submit the following:
1. Five examples of your work please choose work that demonstrates your range
2. Two references that we can take up if shortlisted
3. In your own words, tell us why you would like this commission and why you feel you are the right person to make it special (if you are not comfortable writing this, we will accept a recorded verbal submission of no more than 5 minutes)
We are excited to hear from you. Please let us know in your submission if you give us permission to:
· Keep your details for future projects
· Add you to our mailing list.
The fee will be between £5000 and £7000 inclusive.
Promoting our members throughout the industry, providing exciting job opportunities and supporting them with increased visibility and valuable advice to ensure their journey is a long and successful one.
Fashion Rider First Floor, Swan Buildings, Swan St, Manchester M4 5JQ