We’re looking for a Freelance Womenswear Accessories Designer to join our team, for three days per week.
• Developing an innovative and commercial range of accessories to compliment the womenswear own buy ranges
• History in designing and developing into cold and hot weather product as well as leather goods inclusive of belts and small goods.
• Designing products that exceed the Urban Outfitters customer expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach.
• Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
• Working closely with the buying teams on colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons.
• Working with the buying teams to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
• Keeping abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
• Reporting into the Head of Womenswear Design.
• The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
• Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
• Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs.
• Creativity and style.
• Proven track record of delivering in season product.
• Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications.
• Ability to perform under pressure.
• Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
• Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills as well as ease of hand drawing.
• Need to be experienced working with a global supply base.
• A confident communicator, you will be very well organized.
Promoting our members throughout the industry, providing exciting job opportunities and supporting them with increased visibility and valuable advice to ensure their journey is a long and successful one.
Fashion Rider First Floor, Swan Buildings, Swan St, Manchester M4 5JQ